Hablamos Español

What's not Covered

- Damage caused by moisture, mildew or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner 
- Currency, precious metals and valuable papers such as stock certificates
- Property and belongings outside of an insured building such as trees, plants, wells, septic systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs and swimming pools
- Living expenses such as temporary housing
- Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property
- Most self-propelled vehicles such as cars, including their parts (see Section IV.5 in your policy)

flood insurance

Call now for a free quote:281-645-4723


Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. From 2008 to 2012, the average residential flood claim amounted to more than $38,000. Flood insurance is the best way to protect yourself from devastating financial loss. Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo owners/renters, and commercial owners/renters. Costs vary depending on how much insurance is purchased, what it covers and the property's flood risk. In a moderate- to low-risk areas you may be able to obtain policies for as little as $129 per year. Go to the end of the page to see an estimate of how much it could cost you in case of a flood.

All policy forms provide coverage for buildings and contents. However, you might want to discuss insuring personal property with your agent, since contents coverage is optional. Typically, there's a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. That means now is the best time to buy flood insurance.


Building Property

- Insured building and is foundation

- Electrical and plumbing systems

- Central air conditioning equipment, furnaces and water heaters

- Refrigerators, cooking stoves and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases and cabinets
- Window blinds
- Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage); detached buildings (other than garages) require a separate building property policy
- Debris removal

Personal Content

- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture and electronic equipment

- Curtains

- Portable and window air conditioners

- Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers

- Carpets that are not included in building coverage

- Clothing washers and dryers

- Food freezers and the food in them

- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)